This is the Privacy Notice of Mini Monkey Gym Franchising Limited (“Mini Monkey Gym”, “MMG”, “Mini Monkey Yoga”, “MMY”, “we”, “us” or “our”) and sets out how Mini Monkey Gym collects and processes your personal data. This Privacy Notice also provides certain information that is legally required and lists your rights in relation to your personal data.
We take our data protection responsibilities very seriously and we comply with all applicable Data Protection Legislation. By “Data Protection Legislation” we mean: (i) the Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”); or (ii) the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and any laws in England giving effect to its provisions.
This Privacy Notice relates to the personal information identifying you or your child. We refer to this information throughout this Privacy Notice as “personal data” Please read this Privacy Notice to understand how we may use the personal data of you and your child. This Privacy Notice may also change over time so please check it regularly.
What personal data do we collect?
- personal data you provide to us in person in one of our classes or parties, via our website contact forms or by telephone;
- images or video footage that is taken at a Mini Monkey Gym venue, party or event that we are exhibiting at;
- personal data you provide when applying to either become a franchise owner, or for a job advertised or to submit a speculative job application and/or your CV;
- personal data gathered using cookies on the Mini Monkey Gym website;
- personal data you provide if you enter a competition or promotion; and
- details of your visits to our website including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
Who to contact
If you need to contact us regarding the processing of your personal data, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your consent to use your personal data
- where we need to use the information about your child’s health;
- where we would like to use photos or images taken of you or your child in our promotional materials;
- where we develop new programmes and activities which we think you will be interested in.
We have affirmative ‘opt in’ consent boxes on our website forms to obtain your consent to our using your personal data for the specific purposes set out above. You can choose to give your consent to some, or all, of these purposes and we will comply with the choices you make.
Your right to withdraw your consent
Where we do not rely on consent to use your personal data
Here’s how we use your personal data in these circumstances
- In order to perform our contractual obligations to you. This would include our fulfilling orders you have placed for goods or services (including online), contacting you in relation to any issues with your order or where we need to provide your personal data to our franchisees and their authorised staff (including, but not limited to, all authorised class leaders) so that they may provide you with such goods or services and communicate with you about them (e.g. where there is a change to the time or location of a class).
- To comply with our own legal obligations, e.g. health and safety legislation, or to assist in an investigation (e.g. from the Police).
- In order to share your personal data with our franchisees and their authorised staff (including, but not limited to, all authorised class leaders) so that we can add your child to the register for each class.
In order to use your personal data to operate our business, but otherwise than in performing our contractual obligations to you (and includes our providing your personal data to our franchisees and their authorised staff (including, but not limited to, all authorised class leaders) for the same purposes). These would be our ‘legitimate interests’ for the purposes of Data Protection Legislation and are as follows:
- notifying winners of online competitions;
- sending you surveys in connection with our goods and services;
- to send you important notices such as communications about changes to our terms and conditions and policies;
- to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to deal with any misuse of the website;
- to provide you with important information (usually by SMS text message) about classes or services you have booked (e.g. a change of time or location of the class due to unforeseen circumstances);
- to send you information you have requested;
- to deal with your enquiries;
- where you have submitted an application to become a franchise owner or for a job we may for a reasonable period keep your details on file for future reference should a suitable position subsequently become available and we may send you information about franchise and job opportunities;
- to develop, deliver and improve our goods or services;
- to help us develop our website to be more useful to you;
- for internal purposes for hosting, research, analysis, testing, monitoring, customer communication, risk management and administrative purposes;
- to protect and defend our rights or property;
- to sell, make ready for sale or dispose of our business in whole or in part including to any potential buyer or their advisers; or
In order to use any health-related personal data you provide to us about your child in order to protect the vital interests of you and your child in situations where you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent for us to do so. For example, this would enable us to make this type of personal data available to each of our franchisees and their authorised staff (including, but not limited to, all authorised class leaders) in situations where we and/or our franchisees are required to comply with a specific legal requirement and there is not time to gain your consent. This would especially be relevant in an emergency situation or simply to enable you to take classes at different venues with different franchisees.
We will do our best to inform you when we carry out any of the above activities, but it may be that we are unable to do so in each case.
Sharing your personal data
The Mini Monkey Gym business operates through a franchise network, and as such we share the personal data we collect from you with each of our franchisees (including, but not limited to, all authorised class leaders) so that the franchisees can use your personal data for the purposes to which you have consented via our online forms as well as the purposes set out above. The franchisee that can access your personal data is the franchisee with whom you book your Mini Monkey Gym activity with.
In addition, we may disclose the personal data you provide to us to our group companies and affiliates or third party data processors who may process data on our behalf for the purposes set out above.