The Mini Monkey Yoga Programme for 18 mths- 11 years
Mini Monkey Yoga has been professionally developed by a certified children’s yoga teacher who has over 20 years’ experience with children in preschool and primary settings.
Mini Monkey Yoga is an interactive yoga and mindfulness programme for children aged 18 mths-11 years old. We offer Preschool and Family Yoga classes, Nursery sessions and an extensive Yoga for Schools programme for 4-11 year olds, including After School Yoga Clubs. Please enquire through our contact form below to find out more.
Mini Monkey Yoga sessions combine mindfulness warm ups, breathing techniques, yoga poses, yoga games and stories, as well as relaxation time with guided imagery. Within our sessions we use a variety of colourful props, visual aids and music to increase concentration, participation and add an element of fun to the sessions – as most of all Mini Monkey Yoga is FUN!!
Here is how the Mini Monkey Yoga programme benefits children of all ages:
- Improves strength and flexibility
- Increases self-confidence and builds a positive self-image
- Increases emotional resilience
- Nourishes creativity
- Helps to balance body and mind
- Teaches self-acceptance and self-love
- Increases sensory awareness and general body awareness
- Builds coordination and balance
- Expands self-awareness, and awareness of others
- Develops self-discipline and self-control
- Builds concentration
- Helps us to stand more erect and feel taller by supporting a long and flexible spine
- Increases awareness of breathing and deepens breath
- Is non-competitive
- Expands awareness of nature, animals and the environment
- Helps children build inner strength
- Encourages cooperation and teamwork
- Teaches how to relax and reduce stress
- Encourages compassion, generosity and respect
- Teaches how to find inner peace
- Most of all – Mini Monkey Yoga is fun!